Embracing Development and Education
Next CPISRA Development Games
CPISRA Multi-Sports Development Games – Portimão, Portugal
8th – 13th October 2019
CPISRA’s Development Games to support development and education – enhancing competitive opportunities and pathways for all.
To provide a development and education experience to introduce, encourage and grow participation in a particular sport/s and/or geographic sub region. To enhance competitive opportunities and pathways for all.
The Event to be aligned to the following CPISRA strategic aims:
- Increase CP* participation in sport. Including “Para Sports”, CPISRA governed sports and other inclusive/disability sports.
- To grow CP sport participation across the breadth of CP physical impairment.
- Facilitate international competition pathways for CP athletes to progress from grass roots participation to elite competition.
- Increase training and development opportunities for CP athletes, Coaches, Technical Officials, Team Staff and Classifiers
In accordance with the above aims, the key objectives of a Development Games are:
- To provide a multi-sport event that embraces introduction and development.
- To allow development athletes to learn, develop and improve by providing appropriate conditions and services in an operationally sound environment.
- To create a friendly and supportive environment that encourages and educates athletes, team management, officials, coaches and volunteers.
- To act as a catalyst for enhancing awareness, opportunity and participation in a sport and/or sub region.
CPISRA 2019 Development Games Entry Information
Latest 2019 Development Games News
CPISRA are excited to announce the CPISRA Multi-Sports Development Games in Portimão, Portugal on the 8th-13th October 2019. Sports included will be Boccia U20s, RaceRunning and Wheelchair Slalom and is a fantastic opportunity for development athletes to learn, develop and improve while experiencing a multi-sports event.
Both team entries and individual entries are welcome and will be accepted. Families are welcome to join individual entries.
Please contact email@example.com for an information pack or with any queries.