Embracing Development and Education
Next CPISRA Development Games
CPISRA Multi-Sports Development Games – Portimão, Portugal
2nd – 6th October 2019
CPISRA’s Development Games to support development and education – enhancing competitive opportunities and pathways for all.
To provide a development and education experience to introduce, encourage and grow participation in a particular sport/s and/or geographic sub region. To enhance competitive opportunities and pathways for all.
The Event to be aligned to the following CPISRA strategic aims:
- Increase CP* participation in sport. Including “Para Sports”, CPISRA governed sports and other inclusive/disability sports.
- To grow CP sport participation across the breadth of CP physical impairment.
- Facilitate international competition pathways for CP athletes to progress from grass roots participation to elite competition.
- Increase training and development opportunities for CP athletes, Coaches, Technical Officials, Team Staff and Classifiers
In accordance with the above aims, the key objectives of a Development Games are:
- To provide a multi-sport event that embraces introduction and development.
- To allow development athletes to learn, develop and improve by providing appropriate conditions and services in an operationally sound environment.
- To create a friendly and supportive environment that encourages and educates athletes, team management, officials, coaches and volunteers.
- To act as a catalyst for enhancing awareness, opportunity and participation in a sport and/or sub region.
CPISRA 2019 Development Games Entry Information
Latest 2019 Development Games News
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the dates for the CPISRA Multi-Sports Development Games in Portimao (Portugal) have changed and the event will now take place from the 2nd to the 6th October, 2019.
In light of this change, a decision has been made to extend the deadline for countries and individuals to register for this event so you can now register your Intention to Compete until the 20th April, 2019. Those who have previously entered are not required to re-apply. The entry fee has also been reduced to 580€ per person as the competition will be on for one less day.
Email email@example.com with any questions
CPISRA are excited to announce the CPISRA Multi-Sports Development Games in Portimão, Portugal on the 8th-13th October 2019. Sports included will be Boccia U20s, RaceRunning and Wheelchair Slalom and is a fantastic opportunity for development athletes to learn, develop and improve while experiencing a multi-sports event.
Both team entries and individual entries are welcome and will be accepted. Families are welcome to join individual entries.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack or with any queries.